Doverian Legends is a collection of games that may be from various systems, ranging from the well-known to the obscure to a homebrew mix, in the world of Doveria. Doveria is a non-standard Fantasy world with a lot of standard elements. It is most often run in some edition of D&D or another, but I occasionally borrow heavily from other systems to try and force mechanics to fit the world’s flavor.
In the best, shortest words, Doveria is a world…
- … of rich, non-standard cultures even among the “standard” races (where I’ve developed them).
- … where magic is everywhere, but neither powerful nor standardized.
- … of heavy elemental influences.
- … of political, cultural, and magical strife.
- … with secrets buried in the ruins of ancient civilizations.
- … where nobody knows the Truth. Should any Gods exist, they take little to no active part in the mortal realms. Or perhaps they do, working in subtle and mysterious ways.
- … that was once Steampunk, and many people seek to reclaim that lost technology.
- … where Culture, Country, and People are not always synonymous with Race or Species.
- … with many lands undiscovered by its most powerful civilizations – for now.
- … with as much adventure and exploration to offer as you can seek out.